Job Title: Assistant to the Executive and Artistic Directors
Summary: Full time, salaried position in the administrative offices of a professional opera company.
- Assist Executive and Artistic Directors with strategic planning, season preparations, and day-to-day operations.
- Analysis of all ticket and donor data.
- First point of contact for general public.
- Create and maintain guidebook for company operations, including year-long planning schedules.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, execute marketing campaign for all productions, including all appearances in print, online, on television, and on radio. This includes negotiating rates for ad buys and in-kind trade
- Create content and copy for all publications including online newsletters, press releases, brochures, and advertisements
- Design online newsletters. Track delivery and results of all campaigns
- Develop content for and maintain website and social media outlets
- Manage database of all donors, ticket buyers, volunteers, Housing Hosts, and other stakeholders
- Create mailing lists for fundraising campaigns, including online campaigns
- At the direction of the Executive Director, research and pursue grant opportunities on the local, state, and national levels
- Coordinate donor recognitions
- Prepare all gift acknowledgement letters and save each electronically - print for Executive Director to sign for all and mail
- Prepare donor lists for Playbills in conjunction with Operations Manager
- Prepare materials and setup for Board meetings
- Maintain communication with Board members and address members’ needs related to company
- Oversee education and outreach programs in coordination with Education Committee
- Write and produce all education materials
- Coordinate with other local non-profits, arts companies, and educators
- Recruit and oversee all administrative interns
- At the Direction of Executive Director, assist with planning and execution of all events, including the Spring Gala, Charlottesville Opera's main fundraising event of the year, and donor receptions
- Prepare spreadsheet to track all tickets, contributions, extra contributions for every event. Report income and expenses for distribution at board meetings.
- Sell tickets to ancillary events and programming as needed; assist Finance Manager in tracking payments
- Create welcome packets for artists and distribute
- Distribute scores and other materials as needed
- Process all Young Artist/Apprentice Singer applications, release status notifications
- Manage supertitles for all operas
- Create printed programs for ancillary programming, including YA/AS recitals and outreach performances
- Assist housing coordinator with making housing assignments, solving housing issues
- Gather and edit artist materials, write supplementary content, and organize playbill for all mainstage performances
- Sell playbill ads
- Software/hardware management and system back-up as needed
- Restock office supplies
- Arrange shipments and mailings originating from the office
- Process gift certificates
- Bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with Donor Perfect a plus.
If interested in applying, email Kevin O'Halloran, Executive Director, at email@example.com